четверг, 16 октября 2008 г.

consultas juridicas benidorm




Iapos;ve just learned that Dr.�J.A. Leo Lemay, H.F.�duPont Winterthur Professor of American Literature, my mentor and dissertation director, passed away this morning at home with his family.� I knew heapos;d been ill, and�Iapos;m so grateful that Iapos;d been able to send out a note last week, but I still find myself set aback by this news and deeply, deeply saddened.

Dr.�Lemay was a lion of early American literature, one of the last great literary historians.� I worked as his research assistant for three years, during which time I watched his tireless, patient, punctilious, precise progress on a six-volume scholarly biography of Benjamin Franklin, accompanied by a two-volume chronology and scholarly editions of all of Franklinapos;s shop ledgers.� I know that to the non-academic world this sort of work might seem myopic or outright useless, but I can assure you that the love and passion he put into his work was equally expressed for all of early American literature, and that love and passion was instilled in his students like me, who were loyal to a fault about the man.

Dr.�Lemay was a hard worker, a patient taskmaster, and a great one for big laughs and subtle jokes. �He was quick-witted in the eighteenth century sense of the word wit, and he had vast and encyclopedic stores of knowledge not to mention great taste in books and art.

I will miss knowing that he was out there in the world, doing his work.� The worldapos;s lost one of the last great academic dinosaurs, and I say that with great love, respect, and admiration.

Peace,
SW
consultas juridicas benidorm, consultas juridicas barcelona, consultas juridicas asturias, consultas juridicas alora.



Комментариев нет: